Vat registration

Forum Categories GENERAL VAT DISCUSSIONS Vat registration

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #55724

    Hi I’m after a little advice

    I’m a UK based window cleaner looking to semi retire.
    My plan is to take on a few staff and leave somebody running the company, whilst I retire abroad.

    To take on staff obviously I’m going to smash through the 85k vat threshold. If the company is registered abroad, what are the vat implications? Are we going to have VAT register here, or can I run a company from abroad and pay taxes locally? We won’t be buying or selling anything, we won’t be holding stock, just providing a window cleaning service.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Trevor S

    Hi. UK VAT is due on goods or services supplied in the UK. So if the turnover of the company exceeds the registration threshold, you will be required to register for VAT in the UK and complete UK VAT returns – regardless of where you actually live.

    Do you already have any employees? If not, remember that you’ll also need to start a payroll and do the income tax / national insurance calculations and deductions.

    Probably worth getting an accountant or bookkeeper, if you haven’t already got one…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.