Charging VAT when working in Asia

Forum Categories INTERNATIONAL VAT ON CROSS-BORDER TRANSACTIONS Charging VAT when working in Asia

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #55696

    Good day everyone and thanks for welcoming me to the site.

    My query is this:
    I have been working in Asia(Taiwan) for the last 7 months with 1 month spent at home.
    I am employed through a UK agency working on offshore windfarms however they have offices in Taiwan also.

    Do I have to charge VAT on my invoices as I have now reached the threshold level?
    I have conflicting answers given so far from Yes you do charge VAT but do not pay anything because you work in Taiwan to Yes charge VAT and pay HMRC it as the agency is UK based.

    I look forward to your response.

    All the best



    Hi Gary,

    It is not clear what exactly you provide through the UK agency? 

    1 month spent at home – are you working when at home?




    Hi Vincent,

    Thanks for getting in touch.

    I work as a consultant on a Windfarm in Taiwan. Some work has been on land in Taiwan but I am now working on a vessel within Taiwan limits.
    The month I was at home I did not/do not carry out any other work.

    Thanks in advance for your help

    Regards  Gary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.