Wow! Thank you for the comprehensive and valuable advice. This is extremely helpful. We are the designer and importer so it’s up to us to decide. You’ve articulated the decision very well. My preference is to get clarity before we get VAT registered give implications to the sales price and cash flow if there’s a subsequent challenge. If anyone has experience of getting non-statutory clearance for children’s clothing, I would be really interested to hear how.