Reply To: Personal Belongings

Forum Categories GENERAL VAT DISCUSSIONS Personal Belongings Reply To: Personal Belongings

Trevor S

It depends on whether you were previously living in France, or just had a second home there.

If you were previously resident in France, you may be eligible to apply for Transfer Of Residence relief – details are in HMRC guidance here:
Otherwise you will be liable to pay import VAT and duties on the goods you bring into the UK (on the basis that the value would exceed “duty free” limits).